2023 DIGITAL + CLOUD SUMMIT | AUGUST 29-31 | LOS ANGELES
HONORING LEADERS AND INNOVATORS
Cloud for Utilities’ mission is to educate and empower utilities to innovate and improve outcomes and service for the business, our industry, and utility customers. The Icon Awards recognize leaders moving the needle forward and give a well-deserved spotlight to innovation in the utilities industry.
The Icon Awards are made up of six awards for utility executives, projects, and initiatives. Submissions are judged by Cloud for Utilities’ panel of judges based on the strength of the nomination, the impact on the utility, and novelty.
CEO of the Year
Honors a top executive who is leading their utility with a focus on the future.
Who’s eligible? Current CEOs or top executives of utility companies or equivalent responsibility.
Technology Executive of the Year
In less than a lifetime, technology has changed almost every facet of day-to-day life for consumers and businesses alike. The Technology Executive Award honors the executive who has used new technology, approach, or thinking to solve a problem.
Who’s eligible? Utility executives primarily responsible for technology, for example: Chief Technology Officers, Chief Information Officers, Chief Innovation Officers, or equivalent responsibility.
Customer Executive of the Year
The Customer Executive of the Year Icon Award recognizes an executive who has done exemplary work on behalf of their customers. Whether it’s implementing a new program, project, solution, technology, or just doggedly acting in the customers’ best interest, we want to honor those who are working to make things brighter for utility customers.
Who’s eligible? Utility executives primarily responsible for customers and customer service. Example titles include Chief Customer Officer, Customer Service Officers, Customer Officers, or equivalent responsibility.
Customer Innovation of the Year award
Honors a project, program, or initiative that has significantly impacted utility customers for the better.
What’s eligible? Utility technology projects, customer programs, new innovations – something new that has improved service for customers.
Innovation of the Year
An innovative project, solution, or policy that has drastically impacted business outcomes or day-to-day operations of the utility for the better.
What’s eligible? A utility technology project, pilot, program, or something else implemented within the awards period.
Utilities Vanguard of the Year
The Utilities Vanguard Award, sponsored by IBM, celebrates a vanguard in the industry. It recognizes a utility that has solidified itself as a market leader by moving fast and maximizing business transformation benefits with their IT strategy. These leaders’ journeys should be upheld as inspiration for others in the industry.
What’s eligible? Utilities that are leading the industry through business transformation their IT strategy. Companies within the industry that are leading the way, leveraging the latest approaches and technologies.
- The awards are intended to honor achievements from the previous year, 2021-2022, but track record and impact will be taken into account
- Nominations should be submitted by utilities and each nomination requires a utility employee contact.
- For project award nominations (Customer Innovation and Innovation awards), vendors may help submit nominations. Submissions should indicate third-party vendors and their role, including software companies and consultants
- There is no fee to submit a nomination and the results are based on the quality of submissions.
- We ask that the winners attend the 2022 Digital + Cloud Summit to accept their award in person.
- No nominations will be accepted via email or after July 28, 2022.
- The spirit of the Icons is to spotlight those within the utility industry making changes big and small to improve outcomes for customers, employees, the business, and the industry.
- We recommend providing a high-level introduction to familiarize the panel of judges with context for why this nominee
- Be specific with information, including scope; cost; timeline; deliverables; and most importantly, impact on customers, colleagues, and the business
- Tell the story of the nominee and why it or they should be honored
If you have questions about the Icon Awards or the Digital + Cloud Summit, please send your inquiry to email@example.com